Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thappy Hanksgiving!!!!

Hello Friends and Family,

I hope you all had a wonderful and Thanks filled giving. Thanksgiving is different here in the MTC. We got to hear from Elder Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles which was an amazing experience! I'll speak more about what he said later. Then, we had a big turkey lunch which was super good! Then we watched "Ephraim's Rescue" an awesome movie about the struggles of different groups of Pioneers, definitely recommend watching it. Last, we participated in a giant service project of packing and sealing meals for starving children throughout the world! By the end, we had packed 359,000 meals for starving children and it was great to serve on a great day like Thanksgiving. 

This week was really pretty good! My German has been coming along pretty quickly and I am satisfied at where I am now, so I'm excited to keep learning and leave the MTC in 2 weeks and 2 days!! It has for sure flown by up here. BUT I'm insanely pumped to get out into Germany!

I hope you all had a good week and a great Thanksgiving and had time to ponder what you are thankful for. I know when someone asks me that, I say the usual things but there's one thing I have never realized I should be thankful for and that is our Trials. Elder Anderson quoted a great scripture which I thought I should share. In 2 Nephi 2:2 "thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain." 

I have never thought of it like that before but I realized that we all go through trials in our lives and we can receive help through Christ and His Atonement. Although, like in the Parable of the 10 lepers, we're not all quick to go to our Father in Heaven to thank him for his help and I know for me, it is hard to see how we have been changed and become better through them so I invite you all to try to think of how you have changed through them! Have an awesome week everyone!

Pic 1: Me and my men Elder Wright and Elder Brown​​

​   


Pic 2: The awesome drawing Sister Lopez made for us!! 

Pic 3: Me and my best friends (left) Elder Lien and (right)   
  Elder Huang! Love these guys they are so fun to talk to!
​​  

No comments:

Post a Comment