Sunday, November 20, 2016

Year 3 of the MTC

Here's a note just to give you an inside look at what Glenn is experiencing in the MTC branch of 20 or so German speaking missionaries. They are under the direction of their Branch President, who is a former Mission President in Atlanta: Last Sunday, Glenn played the piano for Sacrament meeting, blessed the Sacrament in German, accompanied the special musical number, gave a talk in German, and taught the lesson in priesthood meeting (in English)!


Not really year three but it kinda feels like it haha. So this week was a pretty alright week! I'm trying to stay positive no matter how boring it may or may not get here. Just kidding it's great. I love talking to the new missionaries when they come in every Wednesday it's so fun. 

But this week, me and my Companion Elder Brown taught our 3 new "investigstors", Christina, Marvin, and Stefano. Stefano is an Atheist so it has been tough to teach him that there IS a God that loves and knows him. All of them we committed to come to church with us this week so that's good! Even though it's fake, there's still a special Spirit that is present in the meeting that is helping me with my German, because I know there's no way I could speak such good German in a lesson without the Spirit. 

We also had our first TRC appointment this week, which is a real live person who volunteers at the MTC and me and my companion teach them a short little message and mostly try to get to know them and see what their needs are. We taught two groups of two people and we mostly focused on getting to know them, and we learned about them and left them with a short message on The Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Spirit was the strongest there that I have ever felt it in a German lesson! It was awesome.

On a less serious note, something funny happened this week. For those of you who know me, I'm like a pro at throwing different things up in the air and catching them behind my back. Well, being myself, I did that with my name tag, and obviously my name tag lands on the roof of our Residence Hall building. I was maddd haha but later that night, me and Elder Wright went out to go try to retrieve it, and him and a random other Elder lifted me up and I climbed up there and got it. Needless to say it was quite the sight to see for people walking by. The good ending of the story ius that I got it and nobody got hurt, probably the funniest thing to happen at the MTC so far. 

To end more spiritual, I'd like to share a scripture I like. In Mosiah 2:1it says "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learnwisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." I know especially on a mission it's hard to understand why we do some of the things we do, but I know that serving your fellow men, whether it be your sibling or Mother or the people of Berlin, you are serving God.

Have a good week I love you all! Don't forget to write☺
--
Elder Johnson
Germany Berlin Mission

It SNOWED all day Thursday!! Cold stuff​​.



Our district! Elder Wright, Elder Santo, Sister Lopez, Sister Spencer, Elder Brown, and Me.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment