Monday, June 25, 2018

Yes, please, enlighten me further


Salami

Okay so my friends here we are once again all congregated together in order to read more inspired words of the one and only Elder Johnson because there haven’t been 3 Elder Johnson‘s in this mission at one point in time.....in any case, we’re here and every single choice each and every one of us has made throughout our entire lives has led us to this very point of our lives, to be strengthened by the words of me.

Well this week was great, I had the chance to learn so much about my country, it was awesome. You see, as Americans here in Germany, we’re quite vulnerable to backlash about the decisions particular leaders of our country make, and also to the hearing of what America isreally” like. I’m so glad I’ve been so lucky to learn about America from different Germans, who learn all they know from their „unbiased“ news and the internet. Remember kids, everything you read on the internet is true, no matter what. Nah it’s all fun and games I love the Germans they’re great people, but sometimes I feel they forget we lived in America for 18 full years haha.

We had a couple great appointments this week, one of which, we brought a friend with us to our Arabic investigator’s house to help him learn German because it’s easiest to learn the language by speaking it to native speakers, even though they don’t usually understand their own language rules haha. This will help him with his problems though, once he learns German and gets integrated into the society, his problems will hopefully go from far away to here actually. He’s a good man. We also met with a less active member, at which appointment I was blessed to sit on the dog’s couch (you could tell that’s where the dog spent most of his time). It was also a good appointment, as we talked about the importance of forgiving and how it is not always easy, but through the Lord it’s possible to forgive everyone. We had also a few weird appointments and a good amount of fallen out ones.

Germany barely scraped by in their World Cup Game against Sweden this past Saturday, if you didn’t know. I’m not sure what gave it away that Germany won; the messages we got from Germans, the non stop partying outside of our house all night, or the fact that it was brought up and compared to the gospel in most testimonies on Sunday at church. Apparently it was a close win though, I wouldn’t know because I may not lay eyes upon such an event.

The highlight of my week was definitely Friday for many reasons. There was a lesson I got to teach on Friday for a good friend of mine who is living in Lübeck, Germany, and is of the Persian descent. I brought a good friend of mine, Elder Denny, to assist me in teaching the Gospel of Christ. The dude (investigator) is an absolute unit, he’s reading Book of Mormon like a monster, praying the heck out of it to find out of the truthfulness of it, and calls himself Mormon when I ask him questions. I’m excited about this man, he’s very promising and has already shown the change that the gospel has brought him. He also speaks approximately not even one bit of German, so it’s completely in Persian, یععععنییییی.

We also met a very nice Turkish girl who found my jokes pretty funny. Remember the correct way to say thank you in Turkish my friends, it can get quite out of hand if you’re not careful. Friday was a great day my legends.

got to pick some cherries today and climb high in this tree

don’t let this picture deceive you, I might look like I’m picking a cherry, but I am only looking for somewhere to hold on to for dear life


mom said it’s my turn in the cherry tree

when it’s too rainy to play real sports, gotta do your best to improvise (I’d like to thank my paparazzi)


Well I hope you enjoy yourselves,


goodbye



Elder Johnson
Ludwigstrasse 52
95028 Hof
Germany


2 comments: