Monday, January 30, 2017

Goodbye, Meth Lab

Hallo everyone!! 

I hope you all had nothing short of a fantastic week, because that's exactly what i had. This week, on Tuesday, we were blessed with the opportunity to deep clean our apartment, which was much needed for us. It had needed it for a while, but we just never had the time (or the interest), and now that we didn't have a choice, we decided to go ham on it, until this baby was sparkling. And that's exactly what we did. I don't know if i previously stated it or not, but up to this point, our bathroom was someone equivalent to the look of a meth lab, and that is no more. I mean I would eat off the ground in there, it's so nice. It's kind of like we moved different apartments, how clean it is. So goodbye, meth lab.

Anywho, also this week we got the chance to go to Berlin, for a meeting just for trainers and trainees. We had to wake up at 4:15am in order to catch our train in time, so that was great. We took a doubledecker bus from the train station to the mission home, so that was pretty sick, kinda felt like I was back in New York City. Our meeting was great, 6 hours long, but I learned a lot! After 13 weeks as a missionary, I finally got my iPad! It felt like an eternity basically, but I'm real excited to have it now. After the completion of this meeting, me and Elder Mehr had been recommended to try Mac's Kebap, which apparently has the best Döner in all of East Germany, and lets say we were not disappointed. It was truly amazing, but I think the Döner laden in Oldenburg still takes the cake in this one. 



Mac's Kebap, aka the best Döner in East Germany

Speaking of 
cake, I have had SO much of it in the past couple days. Thursday was my birthday, weird that I'm finally 19, but I got an Oreo ice cream cake (just like my mom made me every year) from the Senior couple, the Stewarts, that are in our area. It was bomb. Also Elder Mehr somehow baked a cake without me realizing that he was baking a cake, and surprised me with candles and everything, and it was actually a pretty bomb cake too. And lastly, a sweet lady from our ward came by and dropped off a cake for me yesterday after church, so that gives you just an idea of how much cake I've had in the past 3 days.



My comp rocks

The next day after this, we were on our way to an eating appointment 
we had and I left my bag on the bus! We tried to catch it and find it, but we had no luck. I had a lot of important stuff in there, like my Geistlichenausweis, 50 euros, my missionary handbooks, and some other stuff. We went to the main bus station to see what we could do, and they recommended checking back there on Monday at 11, so we will be going later today to see if someone hopefully turned it in, and if not, its gonna be tough to replace some of this stuff. I'm really hoping someone turned it in though.

(He did go back on Monday and someone had turned in his missionary bag with nothing missing! He is truly blessed!)

This week was the end of the transfer, which means transfer calls! Me and Elder Mehr were a little worried for ours, because we didn't want to be separated. But luckily we are staying here together in Oldenburg, and we celebrated by having the most luxurious dinner. We had Mac and Cheese, this stuff he makes called Slop (basically the inside to a breakfast burrito, but no tortilla), and some hot cheetos we received from a dope package. We ate like kings to end this transfer off, and to start our next one, where we will be speaking 24/7 German with eachother. I'm a little afraid of this, but more excited to see how my German improves at the end of the transfer.

Haha so a funny but also cool spiritual moment this week, I'm not sure if I mentioned it last week, but me and Elder Mehr have this 1000 piece puzzle of Dresden, Germany, that we are very proud of. As we were cleaning, Elder Mehr has the great idea to try and see if it will work if he tries vacuuming the puzzle up. Of course it does, and we lose a piece of our puzzle to the vacuum. We opened the vacuum up and couldn't find it, then we went and emptied the bag out in the trash can, still couldn't find anything. We had looked for this one piece for about 20 minutes, and we decided, being missionaries, to pray for guidance as to where it was. We then offered a humple prayer to receive help in finding this puzzle piece, and I kid you not, after the prayer was over and we went to check the trash again, it was sitting right there on top of the trash! There's no way we could've missed that. But it just goes to show, it doesn't matter how small or simple (or stupid) your problem is, God is always there and ready to help.

Anyways, as you can probably tell, it was a great week! Another transfer here in Oldenburg, and I'm basically gonna die soon I'm so old. I hope you all have another great week, I will talk to you all next Monday!! 



Lichterfelde Ost Berlin Bahnhof!
Downtown Hannover


Tschüß!
Elder Johnson

Germany Berlin Mission
Bürgerstraße 61
Oldenburg 26123 

Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment