Monday, July 31, 2017

Disappointment

Hallo,


saw an LDS license plate and thought that was pretty neat

For those of you who knew how well I bowl, I am sorry; for that part of me has been lost somewhere on the train from Oldenburg to here. For in Oldenburg, I could definitely please a crowd of children celebrating a birthday. But not here in East Germany. Today we went bowling as a district and might I say, excuse my strength in language, I sucked. I can't even begin to explain the amount of times the ball helplessly rode down the lane in what is called the "gutter". My spin that I mastered during the summer of 2016? Gone. My ability to get a score higher than 60? Gone.

if you look closely in the back you can see a large group of children cheering us on at bowling

The other parts of my week were much better though. Wednesday was yet another German holiday. It was national "don't be home when the elders try to come visit you" day, so everyone we tried to visit wasn't home. That’s alright though, later all 4 of us elders went and ate with Schwester Musehold and had a grand ole time singing “Called to Serve” like a German teenage girl would sing “Despacito” by Justin Bieber.

Me and Elder Oliver worked a lot on Persian this week. That is because, there is a temple trip coming up this Friday-Sunday with all the Persian members around the temple and our mission, and only the missionaries who can speak "level 6" Persian get to come with. Well I made it up there and get to go to the temple this weekend which will be amazing. Also an amazing opportunity to hear a Sacrament meeting all in Persian too.

We met with a very interesting man this week. We eventually were able to teach him through the first lesson and get all of that squared away through just a very odd appointment in which many odd things were happening. We then talked later to some members, just to find out he met with the missionaries here 4 or 5 years ago and did the same thing to them. He also told some interesting things from him and kindly suggested we be careful with him.

We made s'mores on Friday for spiel Abend, so that was pretty sick.

I was given the opportunity to give a talk this past Sunday. I thought it went quite well, especially because I wasn’t roasted by my companion this time. I spoke about the power of the Holy Scriptures. As I studied I thought to myself, what is the real point or goal of the scriptures? Why do we even need them? Well their goal and purpose is to testify that Jesus is the Christ, and the son of the living God. We need them because the only way we can understand that and receive a testimony of that, is by reading the words which they have spoken to us. Just thought that was a neat little thought. Go ahead and ponder on that one if you so please.

Well, we've got a big week ahead of us, enjoy the rest of your summer my legends.

our army of mini figures



Elder Glenn Johnson
Kirche Jesu Christi
Plauer Straße 11d
Brandenburg an der Havel 14770
Deutschland

No comments:

Post a Comment