Monday, June 19, 2017

Beware of the Drunk Germans

Hello,

A pretty solid week was had for sure. We had a ton of Persian lessons like usual, and a couple highlights. On Tuesday, we were invited by someone in our ward to go to this refugee activity, where they were repairing bikes. So we went by to get our tires pumped and see if there were any Persians we could talk to, and low and behold, it seemed like everyone there was speaking Farsi! We actually saw an earlier investigator who we had lost contact with, and he and Elder Oliver had a solid conversation and we got to make an appointment out! We met with him on Saturday and he taught us some Persian and we taught him some Gospel, good trade.

On Wednesday I was unreasonably punched by a drunk German. We were standing in a grocery store when this man walks in, comes up to me, and gives me a good ole punch on the arm. Oh man, must be one of those dang German youths from our ward or something, thought I. But no, I look over to find this undoubtedly drunk man pointing down to the ground, where a 1 euro cent piece lie. As I picked it up and thanked him for his outstanding help, he keeps walking and gives me another good punch to the back, right in the spine. We got a good laugh out of it though, not smart to react to those types of people haha.

(This Mom was glad he was wearing the full Armour of God with Christ behind him!!)

We did service on Saturday again, it was great. We saw a snake, so I'd say it was worth it. We also saw many snakes at the Berlin Zoo today. Harambe's cousin was there too, I shall leave a picture with him as the feature and me as an extra.

the snakkeeeeeee (not Taylor swift)🐍


the closest we can get to Harambe and some chump

my father and lil Sebastian (looks like he met up with BFF, Elder Mehr, at the Berlin Zoo)

a Great dog, Amy

Yeah that was basically my week. 

Oh, and this Tuesday (tomorrow), my sweet 8 year-old niece, Eva, is having open heart surgery, so please keep her and the doctors in your prayers. Danke!!!

 خدا حافظ

Elder Glenn Johnson
Kirche Jesu Christi
Plauer Straße 11d
Brandenburg an der Havel 14770
Deutschland

No comments:

Post a Comment